Clear The Air News Blog Rotating Header Image

Recycling bin contents not separated (since 2011)

March 21 2015

I was appalled last Sunday, when I saw the bins being collected at King’s Park at 8am.

All bins, regardless of content (and including designated recycling bins), were emptied into the same truck. There was no separation of refuse.

Are we just “pretending” to recycle to appease those environmentalists among us, while saving the extra dollars it costs to process, and all waste ends into the same landfill?

Annemiek Ballesty, Sai Kung

http://www.scmp.com/comment/letters/article/1742877/letters-editor-march-21-2015

3 of 1,512

http://www.scmp.com/comment/letters/article/1742877/letters-editor-march-21-2015 https://www.wastereduction.gov.hk/en/household/source_how.htm
Inbox
James Middleton

Mar 21 (5 days ago)

Mr. YU Wing Lun, Alan

Env Protection Offr(Waste Reduction & Recycling)23

Environmental Protection Department

2872 1711

alanyu@epd.gov.hk